3.Josi: if you don't know Josi, then you don't know how to look at the hard parts of life and still smile
I hope this is true—but I must say I don’t see it very much. I think I whine about many things that are rather trite compared to what I see other people facing. But when people say things about me that surprise me, I try to absorb them and find the proof. So I’m going to be doing that, and I was very touched by the insightful comment. Thank you, Sandra, I appreciate it very much.
So, the five fabs I will give it to are the following: Each of them have a quality I am working toward developing in my life, hence they getting my notice:
LT Elliot—this woman is sunshine personified. Every time I see her she is just bubbly and so generous with her enthusiasm and optimistic attitude.
Ronda Hinrichsen—Ronda and I have been friends for several years and her first book comes out in a couple of weeks (If you’re in the Brigham City Area, it’s October 22 at Reflections of Utah). She's a solid woman with a strong work ethic and unfailing support of the people she loves. I very much admire her calm determination.
Don & Kara—They joint blog, so it goes to both of them, but together, and apart, they are such examples of what life really is. They have some trials, big ones that I can’t imagine, and yet if you ever read their blog they have such joy in their lives, in each other, and in their two daughters. AND, despite their family focus and optimism amid trial, they are generous and motivated toward the accomplishment of their own goals and dreams. That is a very rare gift indeed.
Julie Wright—She is my best (girl) friend and my mentor in so many ways. She just makes me feel good and when life gets hard she’s the first one I vent too—she’s always very validating and encouraging for whatever I might be facing. I just love her.
Jenna--Is the mother I want to be and I find her a very capable, courageous and inspiring woman. AND I love sending her these things because her answers fascinate me.
Now, on to the questions.
1. Where is your cell phone?.... I don’t know. Car or kitchen or pocket of the hoodie I wore last night. I do think it is charged, however.
2. Your hair? ...... Is really icky right now. I wore it curly yesterday, and the product I use is kind of sticky. I pulled it up with a red elastic this morning and need to get in the shower.
3. Your mother? ...... One of the best people I know
4. Your father?..... Gets better with age (probably my age, mostly)
5. Your favorite food? ...... Cheesecake
6. Your dream last night?.... Annoying—or I should say my husband was annoying in it. We were supposed to go to dinner with this old lady, but got distracted by a finance company who’s files Lee wanted to go through. So he rolled himself up in a sleeping bag and snuck into their office with some sidekick woman I think was his personal assistant. I was just ticked off the whole time since we were late for the poor old ladie’s dinner and then some teenagers were playing chicken in the pond out front and I finally left with Ronda Hinrichsen who was just as annoyed, but far more calm than I was about the whole thing.
7. Your favorite drink?.... Honestly, water. Boring huh.
8. Your dream/goal? .... to be at peace with myself and the people I love.
9. What room are you in? ...... kitchen
10. Your hobby? .... Oh, lots. My chickens, reading, bloggging, cooking
11. Your fear? ..... failure
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years?... #8
13. Where were you last night?.....At the Box Elder High School Homecoming game—Jeanie was in the pep band who did the half-time show—it was awesome. First homecoming game I’ve ever been too.
14. Something you aren't?..... Comfortable with myself
15. Muffins? .....bran with craisens and white chocolate chips (Old Grist Mill-mmmmm)
16. Wish list item? ...... Sound canceling headphones
17. Where did you grow up?...... Salt Lake City
18. Last thing you did?...... Made pancakes for the kids and their sleepover friends
19. What are you wearing? ...... black sweat pants, black flip-flops, and an oversized Tommy Hilfiger hoodie. (flip flops were my daughters who hated them; mine now. Sweat pants were $10 on sale 5 years ago and I’ve only recently been able to fit back into them comfortably. Sweatshirt was $2 at DI about two years ago. It’s XL so super comfy and very unflattering. Good thing I’ve already got my man J)
20. Your TV? ..... 15 feet away—The Closer is on. I love TV.
21. Your pets? ......... 1 dog, Tex, and 6 chickens—who Tex would like to eat.
22. Your friends? ...... priceless and unexpected. I did not plan to have these kinds of friendships as an adult. I’m very blessed.
23. Your life?...... pathetically crazy
24. Your mood? .... anxious—I’m so far behind on my deadline and it kills me to not be living up to the expectations of my publisher. Ironically, that feeling then blocks my ability to finish the story and yet I’ve spent how much time on this blog post? It’s all very neurotic. I have a book signing today and then family pictures after that.
25. Missing someone? ..... Not really. Maybe myself a little bit.
26. Vehicle? ......Honda Odyssey (apparently creative advertising doesn’t make that big a difference when it comes right down to whether or not you’ll sell the car)
27. Something you're not wearing? ...... Make-up
28. Your favorite store? .......Deseret Industries—love that place. I get to go to the new one in Ogden today! I need some jeans and a Scout shirt. Wish me luck!
29. Your favorite color? ...... Black
30. When was the last time you laughed? ...... Last night, little man pulled his pants up to his armpits, sucked in his bottom lip and turned out his knees for the walk to our car after the game. He called himself Bartholomew Finkelton and kept snapping his fingers and saying “Ah Shucks”. It was the funniest dang thing I’ve ever seen. The kid is a crack-up
31. Last time you cried? ..... A couple weeks ago when I was alone in Vegas and feeling completely incapable of accomplishing anything in front of me.
32. Your best friend?...... My husband. I’d be lost without him.
33. One place that I go over and over? ....... Costa Rica. It is my bliss.
34. One person who emails me regularly?....... Lee—we exchange e-mails about a dozen times a day.
35. Favorite place to eat? ....... Oh, I’ll eat anywhere J
If you’re someone I tagged, be sure to tell me so I can read your answers.