Friday, December 18, 2009

Just . . . Stuff

So, the other night I pulled a 'best mom in the world' card and abandoned my children. Lee was out of town, but my friend, Sam (short for Samantha, thank you) and I wanted/needed to watch Tess of the D'urbervilles because we hadn't read the book and bookgroup was the next night (yes, I abandoned the kids that night as well.) I'd tried to read the book in high-school, gave up on page, oh, 7 or so, and then I read the Cleff notes. Passed the test.

The movie was quite good; ya know, for being based on a classic tragidy. Still, we enjoyed it. I got home around 11:30 and as I headed for my room there was half a bowl of salad on the floor in front of my door and a note next to it, written in purple sharpie.

Mom,


Please wake me up at 5:30 or earlier.

Love you so so so so so so sooooooooo much.


Love
Little Man


PS You can have the salad.

Is that not the cutest dang thing? Boy I love that kid. And I love those little notes the kids leave. I've realized lately that the days of such notes are coming to a close, so I'm saving them all. I giggled for five straight minutes after that one. Such a cutie.

Additional to my cute kid notes, I am brain dead. Melanie J just posted about having commenters leave questions in order to give her foder for future posts. She's freaking brilliant; I say that because I only copy brilliant people. Which is why I'm copying her.

So, if you have some deep burning question you'd like to ask, let me know. I'll blog about the answers and give you credit for having asked them.

TTFN

8 comments:

Cheri Chesley said...

It's nice when they can make a decent movie from a muddled, complicated book. I recently saw the movie for the first time this past summer. It's horribly depressing, but it's not really a stretch of the imagination to think it could have all really happened. I also googled the book and got several synopses, which helped verify how much the movie I watched strayed from the book.

Anonymous said...

My kids write notes and slide them under the bathroom door when I'm taking a bath. Things that say, "Mom, when are you coming out of there?"
They do write cute ones too. One of my favorites so far is when they were first learning to write and one of them said, "Dere Mom, I wele ask you to jump on the tramp with me. Love *** from ***" I laminated it and put it on the fridge, I loved it so much.

That Melanie J. is brilliant. And beautiful. And freaking hilarious.

Melissa Cunningham said...

Great post! My burning question is...will you come do my dishes, vacuuming and laundry? Yes? Awesome! Sure love you!

Hey, I think we should plan a little writer's lunch for those of us who live up here. We could meet somewhere in town. (After Christmas but before New Years) How does that sound?

Don said...

Since we're all into copying and stuff, I'll just re-use the question I left for MJ.

From the deep dark recesses of idiotic job interview questions:

If you were a tree, what kind would you be, and why?

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Cute indeed!

I suddenly can't wait till my kids can read and write...

As for questions, hmm...Has blogging affected your writerly life at all, for good or bad?

Bethany Wiggins said...

I love that movie, and love the book even more.

Me again said...

My burning question.

How do you feel about LDS fiction stories that not only stray from the probable, but take a summer vacation into the not even possible?

Is it important to be believable, or even somewhat believable?

I recently checked out 2 different books from 2 different LDS fiction authors (not anyone on this blog that I know of) and I couldn't enjoy the story because I couldn't get over the improbability of it.

Lee and Angie said...

It is funny that you talk about movies from books, and then about questions your fellow bloggers have, because I have a question that pertains to both! I was talking to my husband the other day and I asked him, "You know that book I read the other day, Don't you think that would make a great movie?" I was talking about To Have or To Hold (LOVeD iT). I just want a good, warm the heart, real life movie to come out! BTW I loved Lemon Tart and cannot wait to read more from you!
Angie