Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Getting to know me

I've generally tired of tags, but I liked this one. Three blogs in three days, you must think I have nothing to do...

I got this from Annette Lyon--but a bunch of us at Writers In Heels got tagged. In fact that's why I'm doing mine now, cause we're all going to run out of people to tag soon and I don't want to be the last one.
______________________________

Remove the blog from the top, move all the blogs up one, and add yourself to the bottom.

Twas Brillig
Ennui in the Grocery
Novembrance
The Lyon's Tale
Sundial in the Shade


What were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago was 1997. I had a three year old and a one year old, we lived in Sandpiper apartments in Salt Lake and we were watching our first home be built in Draper. It was a fun time. I was feeling better about being a mom and homemaker, my hubby had graduated from with his nursing degree and we could pay the bills when they came in instead of a week late. I was second counselor in the Primary Presidency and was a lousy visiting teacher.

What were you doing one year ago?
Marketing Unsung Lullaby like crazy and finishing up Sheep's Clothing. I was on top of the world because I felt like I had a second chance at making this writing thing work. And, just like this year, I was working in the yard, trying to get used to my kids being home on summer vacation. I was Activities chairperson and planning our summer picnic. I started jogging and I was a lousy visiting teacher.

Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Thinly sliced Braeburn apples with cheddar cheese
2. Chocolate covered cinnamon bears
3. Almonds
4. Lime flavored Tostitos in salsa mixed with sour cream and a hint of garlic
5. Cookies--any kind.

Five songs you know all the lyrics to:
1. "Bohemian Rhapsody" (Queen)
2. "Glory Days" (Bruce Springsteen)
3. "It's Still Rock & Roll to me" (Billy Joel)
4. "Right Here Right Now" (Jesus Jones)
5. "Beth" (Kiss)

Things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Pay off that stupid mortgage
2. Invest in someone's really cool idea
3. Throw away all my clothes and most of my furniture--then replace it all
4. Build a covered porch outside
5. Pay of my parent's house

Five bad habits:
1. Snapping at my kids even when I don't HAVE to (they just move faster when I do)
2. Procrastinating (I'll leave after I write just one more paragraph--what do you mean I'm late?)
3. E-mail and blog-reading addiction (It's truly chronic)
4. Being critical
5. Not doing things I know I should do (exercise, reading scriptures, snuggling with kids)

Five things you like to do:
1. Write
2. Bake
3. Watch TV
4. Snuggle with my honey-bun
5. Read

Things you will never wear again:
1. My wedding dress (I rented anyway)
2. The silver hoop earrings back in high-school that touched my shoulders--I loved those things
3. Braces
4. A sweater dress
5. Birkenstocks--they are just ugly

Five favorite toys:
1. My Mac Book. I love it love it love it love it.
2. DVR. I don't know how I watched TV before I had it.
3. My pampered chef cheese slicer.
4. My Kitchenaid mixer. I think I use it at least every other day.
5. Hand held Tetris game. Video games have all gone downhill since Tetris.

Where will I be in ten years?
I have no idea. I think I'll be here, but I'm married to an adventurous man. I could be living in the Philippines, Costa Rica, Idaho--anywhere. My oldest will be 23, so I could be a grandmother (I already have a couple grand babies from the niece we raised, but it's a little different). My second oldest will be 21, my boy will be 18 and just finishing high school. My youngest will be starting her sophomore year. I think I'll enjoy that phase. I love em, but I'm excited for them to be independent.

I hope I'll have ten more books to my credit and I hope that I'm also a better person, with a stronger sense of myself. I also hope I'm a better visiting teacher by then.


Five people to tag:

Katie Parker
Alison Palmer
Inksplasher
Anne Bradshaw
Karen Hoover


6 comments:

Julie Wright said...

I knew you were a kindred spirit. Hint of lime chips rock my snacking world. Reading all this about you reminds me of all the reasons I love you.

Luisa Perkins said...

Great answers! I'm intrigued by the cinnamon bears, and I'm totally with you on the Tetris issue.

Annette Lyon said...

Dude! Why didn't I remember my TiVo! That's my all-time favorite toy. Even beats out my AlphaSmart, which is seriously saying something. (I guess I sort of mentioned it in my bad habits, since I use it to watch my TV shows during weird times.)

... said...

How fun! Nice to meet you!

Lucy Stern said...

This reminds me that I need to do my visiting teaching.....

Karlene said...

I'm slow, but I did it.

Inksplasher