Thursday, November 08, 2007

108 Things About Me~kidding!

So I mentioned pizza in my last blog and would like to reiterate that I'm nothing if not obsessive. Being obsessive can be good thing when it comes to cleaning bathrooms (I don't have that symptom of the disease, however) or being on time (I try to do this one but I'm not great at it), but it can get out of hand.

Since last Friday I have made ten homemade pizzas. We've had one or two pizzas every day. I've tweaked several recipes for sauce and dough, and I'm not done yet, but I'm taking a break. I called my husband this afternoon and begged him to get a Cafe Rio salad for me on his way home. I realized that other than a Winger's salad on Saturday and some broccoli I had with my pizza-for-lunch on Tuesday, I haven't had any green vegetables for a week. And yes, that means my kids haven't either. I'd feel worse about that if they actually ATE green vegetables when I served them. I'm a really crappy mother sometimes and I know it's not healthy to have such a monochromatic diet. In addition to the pizza I perfected garlic bread sticks and sticky buns using the same dough recipe. Yes, I'm drowning in gluten. And actually I'm feeling so tired and almost sick. Whether that's due to all the white flour I've ingested or it's just a fall time cold and the fact that I'm waking up at 5:00 in the morning and am so busy with my dough recipes being just right that I'm not exercising, I can't be sure, but I'm not ruling it out.

I'm also not writing. I've worked on a few things and tried to catch up some digital scrapbooking that I really suck at, but this whole pizza thing might be my way of avoiding cutting some scenes I really really like. So sad.

I will share my recipes when they are perfect, and thank you A. Riley for your recipe, I changed the sugar to honey in the recipe I was working on and it's MUCH better for it. Honey always tastes better than white sugar in breads but I needed to be reminded of that. And Ronda, I'd love your recipe too.

Anyway, I think maybe next week I'll obsess on the perfect steamed veggie concoction--wish me luck!

4 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

Funny title!

Remove the layer of self-criticism, Josi. We artists pretty much have to go with our obsessions. Your family won't die because they haven't had any greens for a week. Whenever I re-read the Little House books, I marvel at how "unbalanced" the Ingalls family's diet looks to us today. Yet they were all as healthy as horses, for the most part.

Anna said...

Don't worry. I'm sure every mother at some point or another has had times where they weren't 100% perfect. It's like my friends says, "You have kids, and you lose brain cells."

I sure do envy your kids though. I would love someone making pizza for me everyday for a week. Mmm... pizza. :)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

My kids eat very few vegetables and they would love pizza for a week. In fact, we all had pizza for breakfast this morning, because we had Pizza Hut deliver last night...

Janette Rallison said...

Mmmmm pizza. That's much better than revisions.